CUSTOM HOME TOUR

Friday, July 10, 2009

BUILDING PART I

FOLLOW ALONG WHILE I BUIID A NEW HOME
Decisions
Part I

I would like to take you on a journey with me as I go through the home building process in Shady Oaks Estates and Jimmy Jacobs Custom Homes; my husband, Dave, and I just purchased a beautiful 1 acre lot in Shady Oaks Estates. We already own a Jimmy Jacobs Custom Home in a nice neighborhood with great neighbors. But, Dave always liked Shady Oaks and after transferring here from another JJCH development I believe there is not another development around that can compare with all that Shady Oaks has to offer.

So----just like you we had to way the pros and cons. The biggest “con” for me is --- I hate to pack, so I will leave that up to Dave. Next hurdle was deciding about financing --- we talked to the lenders I work with at JJCH. Such great rates right now—we can’t pass up a low interest rate. Honestly, it has been difficult to come up with reasons not to move. Pros---1.8 taxes, low HOA fee, privacy, friendly residents, a JJCH home increases in value especially in this neighborhood, low maintenance yard, and we love being able to make changes to the house plan we have chosen. I know we will have more privacy on our one acre than on our little lot where we can talk to our neighbors from porch to porch. Since we built a home with JJCH four years ago we know how organized and painless the process is. We will be able to sell our present home quickly as homes are selling very well in the Austin area, plus we will put our home in the hands of the Trade in Program.

Deciding on the lot was hard---we first narrowed it down to our favorite two. But, to make an informed decision we had to walk the lots and see exactly where our house would sit. And to think “we own a little over an acre of beautiful land in Georgetown’s best kept secret.” Shady Oaks Estates is truly "unspoiled & undiscovered".

No comments:

Post a Comment