CUSTOM HOME TOUR

Sunday, August 30, 2009

CONSTRUCTION

PERMIT TO BUILD
Construction Begins Part I


Our lot has been cleared and we can watch it grow from the ground up. Only a few small trees were removed, Jimmy Jacobs Custom Homes insists on saving all the trees possible. I really have not decided if watching the construction from my model home office window is a good idea or not. I always tell new home buyers to check their home often while under construction, but there is no need to pitch a tent and camp out on the lot. I feel more like I am going to be an “over protective parent”. I trust JJCH and Spencer Alexander, Building Supervisor, to build a beautiful custom home with out any guidance from my husband or my self. By the way, Dave has been out looking at the lot everyday---planning. I am sure if you stop by and find him there he can tell you where every room begins and ends. He would really like to show you his garage.

All the major decisions have been made, only the small details remain, like; what color to paint the outside and the inside. I am going to listen to our Designers and rely on them to come up with the right color of stucco to go with the stone I have selected. Why should I, or any one else, worry about these details when JJCH has well trained staff to work their magic.

I wonder where we stored all that old camping gear and the tent? I can picture it now on one little area of the lot, not far from the porta potty. Come by and sit around the camp fire with us and watch our house grow …… ………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment