CUSTOM HOME TOUR

Saturday, February 6, 2010

MOVED IN

THE HOUSE IS COMPLETE AND WE HAVE MOVED IN !!!!

Ah-Yes-the final walk through before closing---All went well. Spencer had taken care of the little details and our Jimmy Jacobs Custom Home was ready for occupancy. Most important—Dave’s garage is perfect and ready for boxes. The house is beautiful and is everything we expected it to be.

Packing and moving; that is the hardest part. Dave packed all the boxes while I escaped to work. When the time came to move we hired “All My Sons” Moving and Storage to load and transport all the boxes and furniture. Three fast movers were assigned to the “big project” and they hustled all day. They were very careful, fast, and polite and nothing was damaged. About 6:00 that evening I bought us buckets of chicken and fries, these big guys can eat. Now it is my job to unload all the boxes and put everything in its new place. Trust me when I say “Get rid of stuff before moving.”

When you move into a new home---don’t expect everything to be perfect. You will see little items that need to be touched up. So---now we are making a list, and it is all very minor. The most important thing to keep in mind is; everything can be corrected. Jimmy Jacobs Custom Homes does not like to close on a home that is not complete and we strive to take care of all the details, no matter how small. Just remember to start a list and give yourself 30 days of living in the home to find all the small items that may have been missed. If, for some reason, there is a plumbing or electrical concern some one will be right out to your home.

I have a difficult time with “unopened” boxes and I am doing a great job of unpacking. But, where did all this stuff come from? We had only lived in our previous home four years. I am seeing things I didn’t even know we owned---too bad we moved some of these items. The decorating is taking shape and I need to buy a few things. The window coverings have been ordered through Gayla Talley and some have been delivered. Gayla has decorated the model homes for Jimmy Jacobs for many years. What ever your decorating needs are----give her a call.

We have deadline in having the house put together and landscaping completed. My daughter and her family are coming for a visit the first of March. Plus, I have committed to throwing a party while they are here. Wish me luck…….

No comments:

Post a Comment