CUSTOM HOME TOUR

Friday, January 8, 2010

COUNT DOWN TIME

We are down to the final “hours” of building our Jimmy Jacobs Custom Home. All in all, it has been fun; working with Spencer has made it so easy. I know it is best just to let the builder do his job; Spencer promised me a beautiful home and he is delivering on his promise. But, count down time is already here. We closed on our present home and are renting it back for one month and it is time to start packing.

All of the stone that was piled high inside the house is now it its rightful place in the interior. It looks magnificent; all I can say is “wow”. I highly recommend making use of Texas limestone on the interior of your home. We are so fortunate, in this area, to have the limestone quarries and such an array of colored stone at affordable prices. The limestone gives the home such a unique look and feeling of warmth. Plus, it complements the granite counter tops and exterior stone and that are standard features in a Jimmy Home. I caught Dave is trying to figure out how to build a limestone work bench in his garage.

I some times hear a prospective home buyer say “Building a new home is so difficult and stressful; we just can’t go through that.” Well, number one, they have never built with Jimmy Jacobs. Remember, we have had a whole team working on our home. Would we do this again; “Yes”. We have done it before and it is a great experience. Only thing I would do different, follow my own advice; I always recommend adding $$ to the contract for “design allowance” for the additions and changes you will make along the way. I think it would be extremely difficult to build a home and not make changes as you go. The best thing to do is to budget for a few extras and those “must haves”.

No comments:

Post a Comment